7 Must Have Apps for Travel to Italy
Updated: Dec 17, 2019
We are all looking for ways to streamline our busy lives and make our lives a little easier especially when traveling. These seven must-have apps for travel to Italy will help you organize, get you from point A to point B, communicate in Italian, find a doctor, find a bathroom, and give you personalized suggestions when traveling to Italy. With the right apps, it's almost like having a personal assistant (who speaks Italian) traveling with you.
Download these seven must-have apps for making your travel to Italy go as smooth as possible!
1. TripIt // This is my favorite app for keeping my travel plans organized! Forward your travel e-mail confirmations to email@example.com and in a matter of seconds, TripIt will create a master itinerary for every trip. You can manually add additional plans as well.
This app works like your own personal assistant sending you helpful reminders and alerts like delayed flights or what gate you are leaving from. I’ve been using this app for years and cannot live without it!
2. FREE NOW // (formerly mytaxi) Europe's largest taxi app. At the time this post was published, the Uber app is only available in Rome and Milan. In addition, Uber in Italy consists of professional drivers and the rates reflect that. FREE NOW is available in over 100 European cities using local, licensed taxis.
Note, in some cities like Rome, the meter starts from where the driver was located when they accepted your request. If the app shows that the driver is far away, try canceling the request and retry for a closer taxi.
3. Trainline // If you plan on traveling by train you can check schedules and book tickets with both Trenitalia and Italo. This is Europe’s leading train and bus app so if your country-hopping on your trip you can plan the journey all on this app.
4. Learn Italia- Phrasebook for Travel in Italy // Ditch the heavy Italian phrasebook and use this app. No internet connection required. This app gives visitors to Italy and those who are interested in learning Italian a good start with the language. It was recorded using a native speaker for correct pronunciation.
5. Triposo // This amazing app is like having a travel guide on your phone for FREE! The app provides offline maps and useful information on landmarks and restaurants in over 100 cities. After you download the app, it will ask you “where you want to go”. Type in “Italy” and you will be able to download the Italy guide to use without Wi-Fi!
My favorites are the mini-guides available in the app, complete with a walking tour, and the currency converter (because math has never been my strong point).
6. MedinAction // English speaking doctors who make house calls to your hotel or apartment at your fingertips 24/7! I recently wrote about this service in my post, What to do if Your Kid Gets Sick in Italy.
7. Flush - Toilet Finder and Map // Because when you got to go, you got to go. As long as your GPS is turned on, Flush will find the nearest public toilets for you to use, even in Italy. Essential for the family who has the kid who says they don't need to go at home but needs to go ten minutes out the door.
Your next step in planning your trip to Italy with kids is downloading my Free Travel Planner! Included in the planner is:
Travel Planner Timeline
Suggested Travel Gear
Carry-on Checklist by Age
Packing Checklist by Age
Discount Codes for Tours, Rentals, Babysitters & More!
Weekly e-mails with helpful tips.
Sign up to download the planner here:
I promise not to spam you and only use this information to send you updates from the blog and information relevant to traveling to Italy with kids.
Once you hit subscribe, look for the email in your inbox. If you don't find it, check your junk or spam mail.
Save this article for later: